Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Blog Post #5

Podcast

    I think podcasts in the classroom are very important. Podcast is basically the word iPod and broadcast in one. As described in Langwitch's blog, podcasts can be recorded by teachers and played by students to get  ahead or get a better understanding of the subject. According to Joe Dale's blog about podcasts, they can be very helpful to students outside of the classroom. Take for instance, if a student is sick they no longer have to worry about missing an assignment or lesson. They can simply log onto their teacher's website and watch the podcast. Podcast allow for differentiation and project based learning.

     According to Judy Scharf and her blog, the beauty about podcasts is that they can be about any subject and any teacher can succeed in using them. Students have become very interested  in this and enjoy learning with others. For me, I will definitely use podcast in my classroom. Only thing is I wish I was able to use podcast as a child!


Podcasts in the classroom




2 comments:

  1. Hi Amber,
    I agree that podcasts help enrich students learning outside of school. I found the Langwitches post to be very intriguing. The use of this technology in the classroom was amazing to me. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete