Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Blog Post Assignment #11

Mrs. Cassidy- Technology in the Classroom


http://mrsmichalsky.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/technology-education-worlde.jpgAfter watching the video about Mrs. Cassidy's use of technology in the classroom I have become very inspired by her. Her approach to technology is a "got get it" type of approach. She is not afraid of exposing her class to new things. During center time in her class she lets her students explore the web and search things to find out what they are. Her class uses Wiki to find out new information. I must say that from the video the children enjoy using Wiki. Although their favorite thing to do is write on their blog. Mrs. Cassidy requires her students to create a blog and write on it everyday. Some of the students confessed to their blog helping with them with their writing. I think this is an amazing idea. These students are so young but they are so technology savvy. I think that is so cool. While watching her video, I noticed the students were saying "the people from Alabama." This was the most adorable thing ever! They were talking about EDM310 students. Dr. Strange requires his students to participate in C4Ks during the semester. C4Ks are comments for kids. 

In my future classroom I think I will enjoy trying out the blog idea. I really think it will improve students writing. I can't imagine any problems that might occur using Mrs. Cassidy's approach to technology in the classroom. Lastly, the benefits of this approach is that students can rely on technology to easily and quickly learn all types of things. By using blogs they can connect with people and build relationships around the world. 














3 comments:

  1. "In my future classroom I think I will enjoy trying out the blog idea." Don't just try it out. Use it regularly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amber,

    I plan to use blogging in my future classroom as well. To bad we didn't have C4K this semester because I think it would have been neat to comment on kids blogs and to see all the ideas they have. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really is awesome seeing how EDM310 students can couple problems/concerns with kids creating public blogs, but as long as you make sure they don't post any personal information, there shouldn't be any issues!

    I notice that you have your alt and title modifiers reversed. Remember that a description of the picture is the alt description, and the title modifier is for your source!

    ReplyDelete