Sunday, July 14, 2013

Final Report on PLN Project #9


Personal Learning Network (PLN)

Since my last report I have added another great learning source to my list of helpful things. It's called Symbaloo. I can add all of my other websites to this little tool. Symbaloo is a new way to organize my most used websites. With Symbaloo you never have to type in long web addresses again. Here is a great video to show you how to use it. Symbaloo has each of your favorite web sites that you have added organized into tiles. This is a very helpful technology tool. Especially to a teacher because you can quickly pull up a site for a part of a lesson during class. Let me share with you a few of my favorite sites I have recently added.

First up, is of course my gmail. I use this daily. It is where I can check messages, stay organized, and even create documents on my drive. I can collaborate with others using the Google plus feature as well. I also added my blogger for whenever I felt the need to post on a new experience or share with others helpful resources I have found. Along with that I added the class blog for easy access to new information Dr. Strange has posted.

I have stumbled across another great website from a fellow classmate that I also added to my Symbaloo. It is called Internet 4 Classrooms. Internet 4 Classrooms or I4C is a free website designed to assist anyone who wants to find high-quality, free Internet resources to use in classroom instruction, developing project ideas, reinforcing specific subject matter areas both in the class and at home and even for online technology tutorials. I found this site very useful. I also added my YouTube to the list. Everyone knows how useful YouTube is. I can now easily pull up education videos on the spot in no time.

Lastly, I added the TED talks website to my Symbaloo. I love TED talks because they are so informative. I usually agree with everything those people have to say. Whether they are proposing a new theory or teaching us about science. They have every subject and topic you can think of. I love how Dr. Strange has incorporated TED talks in our classroom. I watch them all the time. This is of course not my last resource I will add to Symbaloo. There will be many more. But for now, if you have never seen Symbaloo, here's what it looks like: 


http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-qn1crtHsN2c/Thr4jbpgDnI/AAAAAAAAAnU/X51NCLPXgjs/s1600/symbalooedu2.JPG

1 comment:

  1. I4C looks very useful. Your description is very good. But where are the people who are in your PLN? People are a most important part of any PLN.

    ReplyDelete